Land of A Thousand Hills

Land of A Thousand Hills

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Salsa Lessons.

So, pretty hilarious. My roommate Amy started taking Salsa lessons a few months ago. So, when I returned of course I joined her. For the last two weeks, every Thursday, Amy, myself, and a few others go to Salsa lessons at this place called Torerro for an hour and half. We have three Rwandan teachers. Other then feeling like I have two left feet, I also get accused of not throwing enough hip into it and forgetting the steps. It is definitely humbling to learn something new, especially when it comes to dancing. Who wants to look like they are bad, I mean come on!! Either way it is really fun and after we go hang out with friends at a place that has "Salsa night." I call it applying your new found skills, where you take what you learned in the lesson and actually dance at a place that hosts a night for it. The only difference is you have about ten times as many people watching you and if you mess up... well... it's not just you that knows, ha.

No comments: